Monday, May 25, 2009

What my last post meant (to me : ) is simply that now days we have reached a momentum when the most advanced communication tool available match to be the most popular as well.
Internet allowed me to publish and share my thought at once, ready to be read, mocked, criticized, but still listen.

Beppe Grillo who's suppose to be just an italian Comedian and has been since ages banned from any TV show especially if live: He's the foremost example of what this media can accomplished, Beppe speak every single day through his Blog to an audience of millions that chose to read, comment and then lively research on their own the sources of what has been debated.
When the status quo wanted him turn down to MUTE. But here he's speaking in many languages every days~!

This is democracy, to its greatest level and it's easy and free. The big point now, the huge difference between yesterday and todays it's that all this is stream~live and if the boundless speed let us cope whatever distance separate the users from the fact or just from the narrator, there is something even more important that make the gap with the past deeper, and it's intrinsic of the very nature of this media...



That is the Two~ways (CHOICE) against just One~way (DICTATION)

If the TV of my childhood taught me what was cool (MTV uber allen) or what was wrong (or apparently so), I would sit in front of the screen like millions and millions more, growing up listening from this side what was happening around me, giving the impression of good information or entertainment.

But was given to me, what was put around me, all around me was a circle, a circle of option scarcely wide enough to let me breath, because what we had was One~Way stream with no possibly way to interchange the process. No hope to stand into a different side, no hope to believe in something else or rather to NOT believe.

The newspaper before and the TV have brought us a tailored information which could had sounded wide but was and still his pretty tight and just make~up ready to be used news, to somebody else purpose, to somebody else interest.

Again now, because of the Two~Way process we can say what we really think, Blog, e-mail, comment, tag, video, Social Network, mobile phone, online community, voip, are all but different dress for the same figure or language.

I do firmly believe in all this and what I think, what I'm concerned about, what actually fright me to the bone it's that we have such power, such potentially available that first of all we don't even realize so, and then sadly when we come to use such tool, all we can do is to forward a bloody chain~mail, spend hours on a stupid test, watch again and again the same funny video, sport results or the last season hot young lady, and slowly most of us without even realizing are loosing an opportunity that his STILL available and of limitless power.

So again the message is to abruptly shift from the one to the two~ways system, because not doing so would mean to go reverse instead of forward.

No comments: