Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Blue Man

..."Strangers," the Blue Man said,
"are just family you have yet to come to know."...



With friends is a strange alchemy, i mean true friends, and I remember still the sound of my father voice telling me that if I was to be lucky in my whole life I could count true friend on the tip of my finger and using a single hand! Well few years later I can say that I feel quite lucky! And the uncommon thing that usually happen with old buddies is that the time seems not to flow, at all!

I was back in Italy after many months and a friend of Matteo made us notice how strange was for her the way we were speaking, because the feeling was of people that has just met a day earlier!
And was all normal for us, probably the fact we had known each other since ages did help quite a bit! But if with Matteo is a great relationship that we build up during an entire life i like to recall when we were up to organize one trip to Romania (Brasov to be accurate) that suddenly one night very much close to the departure day I was informed that two other unknown guys were up to join us.

Now, it's true I am a very outgoing person but at the same time my first feeling was very doubtful indeed I didn't want like to compromise my journey plan to mach other people (which I didn't even know) needs. Well in brief I couldn't be more wrong, that trip to Brasov has been Memorable as never before or since! Highly enjoyable, at intervals comically and sometimes annoying.

But now looking backwards I can connect the dots and see how, on that week or so we lay the foundation for a genuine friendship that won't fade with distance or time!

http://www.littlebrown.co.uk/assets/images/EAN/Large/9780751536829.jpg

No comments: